Welcome to Stella Maris, Inc.
Through competent and compassionate service, we support the highest quality of life for each individual by:
• promoting the health and well-being for all regardless of race, gender, handicap, socioeconomic status, religious affiliation or national origin;
• holding ourselves accountable to the highest ethical standards;
• providing working conditions which respect personal dignity, demonstrate social justice, and enhance the growth of all employees and volunteers;
• demonstrating leadership in responding to the changing needs of the people we serve;
• collaborating with others in developing new solutions for the healthcare and housing needs of those we serve;
• advocating on behalf of the vulnerable population we serve;
• accepting the challenge of providing quality services, efficiently and economically.
Stella Maris is a nonprofit organization sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy. In the Spirit of Mercy, the Stella Maris staff provides a comprehensive range of housing and health services for the care of the elderly, the sick, the injured and the dying. Stella Maris was one of the first hospices in Maryland.
Stella Maris complies with the provisions of the civil Rights Act of 1964 and all requirements to the end that no person shall, on the basis of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits or otherwise be subjected to discrimination in the provision of services.
Proud 2012 Recipient of the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living Silver – Achievement in Quality Award.